This pledge is for Union Square Computers' commitment to try and incorporate sustainable practices into everyday life. We'll take into account the social, economic and environmental impacts of our behavior. Through our actions we'll help promote lasting change in the community. We'll share our knowledge with others so they can make a difference in the community today and for future generations.
Even if you feel like you personally can’t make a large impact on the environment, we as a community can help each other through small actions to ensure a healthier and more sustainable future. Here are a few examples of things you can do:
- Reduce our waste by using reusable water bottles, coffee mugs and food containers.
- Recycle paper, plastic and metal in designated recycling bins.
- Use energy-efficient appliances.
- Turn off lights and electronics when not in use.
- Choose sustainable transportation options, such as walking, biking, carpooling or public transit.
- Buy local and organic food options when possible and reduce food waste.
- Keep up to date in current issues regarding the environment.
- Advocate for sustainability in our community by sharing knowledge and resources with others.
- Tell friends/clients/co-workers about the pledge.